BETA Dyn MoSiMux II
Motor Signal Mulitplexer
The Motor Signal Multiplexer - in short MoSiMux - is an electrical switch matrix that distributes 14 signals in 8 groups on 12 outputs. The solution consists of the matrix-box in hardware and matching software.
Usually switching between different engine types with different ECUs and different CAN-participants on a test bench requires a switch of the engine diagnostics system and the wiring, both source of errors leading to a malfunctioning test setup. MoSiMux is a system we developed to completely automate the switch of engine types to increase process reliability.
Hardware MoSiMux Matrix Box
The Matrix-Box is a 19" unit of 2 HU and the following features:
- Distribution of the ECU's data link (5x CAN, 2x K-Line, throttle) in any configuration on all 12 outputs
- Switchable distribution of the on-board voltage (Pin 15/30/31/50) on all 12 outputs
- Switching of all signals via relais
- Permanent 12V supply on all outputs to power engine calibration systems (ES590, Part Y, MCS4, ...)
- Measurement of voltage and current on pin 15, 30 and 50
- Protection of all data links (CAN, K-Line, throttle) via self-resetting fuses
- Protection of on-bord voltage via digital current monitoring with load throw-off in case of overcurrent
- modular design, thus change of individual modules possible in case of need
- Alphanumeric display of four rows
- Remote control via RS232 or USB-interface via the MoSiMux software
Schematic diagram MoSiMux Matrix-Box:
The signals CAN1-5, K-Line and throttle consist of two connections each; pin 15/30/50 of 3 each. They can only be switched in pairs.
The MoSiMux software connects the PC running the automation system, the diagnostics-PC running the engine application system and the matrix-box. The user interface on both PCs is identical, thus virtually eliminating the need for using the diagnostics-PC.
The software deals with the following tasks:
- Connection between both PCs
- Start of the correct engine calibration system according to the request of the automation system
- Display of the current state of all software-components
- Transfer of information about engine-type, injector-classes, variation-codes, etc. from automation system to engine calibration system
- Display of measurement values of current and voltage of pin 15/30/50